When to Call the Professional Exterior House Painter
The exterior of your house is what makes the first impression on people walking by or coming to your home for the first time. In order to keep your house looking well-maintained and taken care of, it might be time to repaint. How do you know when it's time to call a professional exterior house painter to repaint your home? Well, that depends on what kind of material is on the exterior.
- Wood Siding- Repainting needed every three to seven years or restained every four years.
- Aluminum Siding- Repainting needed every five years
- Stucco- Repainting needed every six years
- Painted Brick- Repainting needed every fifteen to twenty years
These time-frames are just estimations. There are several other factors that go into how often you should repaint your house. Weather, climate, and location are all things that affect the durability of your paint. There will be telltale signs visible that it may be time to paint, even if it is before the average time limit.
- Exposed patches- If you see “bald” spots or bare spots on your walls, it may be time to pain.
- Fading- Extreme sun and temperatures can cause paint to fade quickly, so if your color isn’t looking the way it should, it may be time for a fresh coat.
- Blisters- Bubbles or blisters in the exterior paint can be an eyesore, and if and when they pop, you will have exposed patches in the paint. Time to repaint.
- Peeling or flaking- This is always a sign that your paint has reached the end of its life. Once one section starts to peel, it won't be long before more areas will peel or flake as well.
- Chalky or powdery paint- This unpleasant effect of time and exposure to the elements means its time to repaint.
Now that you know its time to repaint your house, should you do it yourself? In order to get the job done right and ensure you get the longest life out of your paint, its best to call a professional exterior house painter. It may seem like a great way to save money by doing it yourself, but in the long run, its actually much more cost effective to have it done professionally. A quality job done with quality paint will not only look amazing but will last longer and have fewer problems. Professional Exterior House Painters in Edmonton will not cut corners and will have all the necessary materials, tools and professional workers to get the job done right the first time. Call Professional Exterior House Painters in Edmonton today to set up your appointment.Request a Quote
- Could Your Building Use Some TLC? Use a Repaint Specialist to Refresh Your Space!
- Why You Should Consider Hiring a Professional Painting Company
- Use Professional Interior House Painters to Set the Tone of the Interior of Your Home
- Refresh Your Office for the Summer with the Help of a Repaint Specialist
- Boost That Resale Value! How Professional House Painters Can Make Your House Look Like New and What Colours Add the Most Value